INCI : Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Aqua, Olea europea fruit oil *, Morrocan Lava Clay (Rhassoul), Cinnamon Zeylanicum *, Oryza Sativa *, Sodium bicarbonate, Caesalpinia spinosa, Arginin
In green: organic *, natural or wild-harvest quality (* AB label, Ecocert or USDA)
Underlined: ingredients produced and/or processed locally and/or by ourselves
Ibaïna solid shampoos are made from the "Roll's Royce" and unique "truly-clean" solid surfactants: Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate. Very gentle from manufacture to use, Acyl Glutamates and Alkyl Polyglucosides are the only surfactants to be truly ecological and safe. Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate is produced from a fermentation of coconut flesh activated by glutamic acid. The fermented flesh will then be saponified by an addition of Sodium Hydroxide, a process of saponification identical to the manufacture of cold soaps. The interest of this surfactant is to obtain a cleaning and foaming agent of acid pH (unlike cold soap which is by nature caustic, pH 8 to 9), more suitable in terms of acidity to the hair needs. SCG is usually used as a secondary surfactant for reasons of cost and implementation. We made the choice to develop our shampoos with this single surfactant to guarantee you an irreproachable product for your health and for our planet.
Our shampoos are complemented by precious active ingredients for the hair: Tara gum, sheathing and smoothing, pure and pure vegetable oils to nourish and protect the hair according to their nature, rice, an ally used since the dawn of time to take deep hair care, natural arginine, spices, fruits and plants with millennia benefits for the beauty of our hair ... They are as easy to use as a solid "classic" shampoo: wet the hair, lather the shampoo in the hands or directly on the head, massage, rinse!
Some informations :
- Our shampoos are made and molded by hand: manual manufacturing can lead to irregular shapes, each shampoo is unique! The indicated weight may vary over time depending on the water content, that is to say the drying of the shampoo and the humidity (humidity). Our shampoos "55g" are molded with 65g of ingredients to anticipate the loss of weight due to the evaporation of water during drying.
- We recommend you to put your shampoo away from wet areas in your bathroom: kept in a dry place after use, it lasts really long (from 70 to 140 washings !). About 0,5g to 1g per shampoo are necessary, depending on the length and thickness of the hair.
- Aluminum boxes, practical to store and transport your shampoos, are sold separately.
- Our ready-to-use shampoos are 100% made with natural ingredients ; colors can change slightly depending on fresh fruit and plants we use.
- Marketed since February 2019, Ibaïna is the leading manufacturer of solid 100% Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate shampoos: as a highly involved ecological manufacturer, we are dedicated to providing you with the very best, and we took the challenge of the SCG with pride!
Zoom on the ingredients:
- Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate: ultra-mild, pH-acidic and hair-friendly washing agent, it gently washes without stripping or drying. Regulator, it allows to gradually space the shampoos.
- Filtered water: all the water we use in our products is filtered to eliminate undesirable solid micro-particles, fungi, bacteria and pollutants such as pesticides, chlorides and chlorine, sulphates, nitrates, hydrocarbons and heavy metals.
- Olive oil: Olives oil is full of benefits for your hair! Antioxidant, smoothing, moisturizing, it is rich in vitamins E and K; its content of monounsaturated fatty acids, including oleic acid, gives strength and shine to the hair without greasing.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon cleanses the scalp deeply and provides a "scrub" effect that eliminates dead skin while stimulating the skin. It "boosts" hair growth by activating the circulation of the scalp: the follicles are mechanically stimulated but also thanks to the antioxidant action and the richness in vitamins and minerals of Cinnamon. Available all year in Mauritius, cinnamon bark is removed, dried and then reduced to very fine powder.
Important: "Kanel" contains 5% Cinnamon bark. Cinnamon bark itself contains an allergenic molecule, Cinnamic Aldehyde. The cinnamon content of "Kanel" is studied to ensure optimal safety and avoid the dermocausticity of this ingredient: the amount of cinnamon bark dispensed during normal use of the shampoo "Kanel" is less than 0.1g. Nevertheless, we recommend people with allergies to cinnamon bark or having a strong dermatological sensitivity not to use this shampoo.
- Rhassoul: Rhassoul (or Ghassoul) is a natural clay native to Morocco. Extracted from the Mont Atlas deposits, it is exceptionally rich in minerals and has the peculiarity of presenting specific hydrophilic properties: Rhassoul clay absorbs and eliminates impurities naturally, it is a true "washing earth". It regulates the production of troublesome sebum when one has the hair "fat", without attacking the hair fiber. "Kanel" contains 8% Rhassoul, a dosage sufficient to regulate sebum without drying the hair.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: we use it as a pH regulator to stabilize "Kanel" at pH5.5, which is the natural pH of the scalp and sebum. This homogeneity of pH makes it possible to soothe the production of sebum, responsible for oily hair when it is produced in excess by a scalp irritated by a shampoo too alkaline or on the contrary too acidic, or by surfactants or unsuitable ingredients and / or aggressive. It is made in Mauritius, by our local partner.
- Rice: rich in minerals, vitamins, magnesium and inositol, rice is a capillary ally soothing, soothing, polishing and nourishing; it has been used for millennia in Asia. Its inositol content, a carbohydrate with regenerative properties, allows it to deeply strengthen the hair fiber.
- Arginine: Arginine natural plant is an amino acid very active on hair growth. It strengthens, preserves and stimulates their growth. Arginine is extracted from lupin and oat / organic quality.
- Tara gum: this plant (Cesalpinia bispinosa) is used in food as a thickener and texturizer, in the same way as agar-agar or carob. Extracted from the Tara seed, Tara gum is rich in gallactomannans (mucilage) and is therefore an excellent humectant and conditioner for the skin and hair. She sheaths and smooths the hair without weighing it down.
** Zoom on the "usual" surfactants of other solid shampoos:
- SCS (Sodium Coco Sulfate) is a sulfate and therefore has nothing to do in a care product "green"
- SCI (Sodium Coco Isethionate), another surfactant regularly used in solid shampoos, requires esterification based on ethylene oxide (not only eco-toxic but also classified as carcinogenic by the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH / USA) and by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC / France), and as mutagen class M1B of the CLP classification of the European Union).
- The SMLI, the "last remaining" surfactant supposedly "bio", is obtained not only by esterification and implementation of ethylene oxide, but also by methylation, that is to say attaching a methyl group to a substrate; remember that methyl is a derivative of methane, a hydrocarbon whose anthropogenic inputs (= produced by man) make it one of the first greenhouse gases, more worrying than Carbon ...
Apart from Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, there is currently no other solid surfactant eco-friendly and made from natural materials. It is an expensive surfactant, but it is the only one that allows us to guarantee you the level of Ibaïna requirement.