INCI : Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Aqua, Coco Nuciferas Oil, Kaolin, Sodium bicarbonate, Coco Nuciferas milk, Oryza sativa, Natural coconut flavour, Spirulina platensis, Hylocereus undatus fruit, Maris salt, Caesalpinia spinosa, Arginin.
In green: organic *, natural or wild-harvest quality (* AB label, Ecocert or USDA)
Underlined: ingredients produced and/or processed locally and/or by ourselves
Ibaïna solid shampoos are made from the "Roll's Royce" and unique "truly-clean" solid surfactants: Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate. Very gentle from manufacture to use, Acyl Glutamates and Alkyl Polyglucosides are the only surfactants to be truly ecological and safe. Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate is produced from a fermentation of coconut flesh activated by glutamic acid. The fermented flesh will then be saponified by an addition of Sodium Hydroxide, a process of saponification identical to the manufacture of cold soaps. The interest of this surfactant is to obtain a cleaning and foaming agent of acid pH (unlike cold soap which is by nature caustic, pH 8 to 9), more suitable in terms of acidity to the hair needs. SCG is usually used as a secondary surfactant for reasons of cost and implementation. We made the choice to develop our shampoos with this single surfactant to guarantee you an irreproachable product for your health and for our planet.
Our shampoos are complemented by precious active ingredients for the hair: Tara gum, sheathing and smoothing, pure and pure vegetable oils to nourish and protect the hair according to their nature, rice, an ally used since the dawn of time to take deep hair care, natural arginine, spices, fruits and plants with millennia benefits for the beauty of our hair ... They are as easy to use as a solid "classic" shampoo: wet the hair, lather the shampoo in the hands or directly on the head, massage, rinse!
"Mermaid" is presented in 80g / 2.82oz format. The weight is the total weight of ingredients used when we mold: it can vary over time depending on the water content, that is to say drying and humidity (moisture content).
We recommend that you put your shampoo away from wet areas in your bathroom: kept in a dry place after use, it lasts really long. 1 to 3g per shampoo are necessary, depending on the length and thickness of the hair.
Aluminum boxes, practical to store and transport your shampoos and soaps, are sold separately.
Our ready-to-use shampoos are 100% handmade so they might have irregular form and colors ; colors can change slightly depending on fresh fruit and plants we use.
Marketed since February 2019, Ibaïna is the leading manufacturer of solid 100% Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate shampoos: as a highly involved manufacturer, we are dedicated to providing you with the best, and we took the challenge of the SCG with pride!
Zoom on the ingredients:
- Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate: ultra-mild, pH-acidic and hair-friendly washing agent, it gently washes without stripping or drying. Regulator, it allows to gradually space the shampoos.
- Filtered water: all the water we use in our products is filtered to eliminate undesirable solid micro-particles, fungi, bacteria and pollutants such as pesticides, chlorides and chlorine, sulphates, nitrates, hydrocarbons and heavy metals.
- Coconut oil: our coconut oil is produced in Agaléga by men and women for whom this activity is the only source of income. Agaléga is a "lost" island in the heart of the Indian Ocean, a true ecological jewel! The coconuts are picked by hand and pressed according to traditional agalean methods; the purchase of the oil allows us to participate in the programs of schooling young agaléens in Mauritius.
- Coconut milk: appreciated by the long hair for its smoothing and detangling properties, the natural coconut milk hydrates the lengths and reinforces their density. It is an ally of choice for beautiful long hair and in great shape! It also brings a sweet and sweet scent to the shampoo
- Spirulina: rich in minerals, iron and vitamins, Spirulina promotes hair growth, it strengthens and embellishes. It also has an interesting volumizing effect on the lengths
- Pitaya: Pitaya (or Dragon Fruit) is a super-fruit that begins to showcase her talents in beauty treatments! Rich in vitamin C and iron, it boosts the hair all along its length. It is she who colors in pink (more or less supported according to the bark used in our fabrications) "girlie" this delicious shampoo "Mermaid", and gives it a sweet note enhanced by Coconut milk!
- Marine salt: rich in trace elements and minerals, sea salt is used here for its protective qualities on the hair fiber. Long hair indeed needs to be fed and reinforced over their entire length. It is also a good growth stimulator, a natural anti-dandruff and a mild scalp sanitizer. Used pure and directly on the skull, it will also make an excellent exfoliating care.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: we use it as a pH regulator to stabilize "Mermaid" at pH6, which is near the natural pH of the scalp and sebum. This homogeneity of pH respects the pH of the scalp for a gentle wash.
- Rice: rich in minerals, vitamins, magnesium and inositol, rice is a capillary ally soothing, soothing, polishing and nourishing; it has been used for millennia in Asia. Its inositol content, a carbohydrate with regenerative properties, allows it to deeply strengthen the hair fiber.
- Arginine: Arginine natural plant is an amino acid very active on hair growth. It strengthens, preserves and stimulates their growth. Arginine is extracted from lupin and oat / organic quality.
- Tara gum: this plant (Cesalpinia bispinosa) is used in food as a thickener and texturizer, in the same way as agar-agar or carob. Extracted from the Tara seed, Tara gum is rich in gallactomannans (mucilage) and is therefore an excellent humectant and conditioner for the skin and hair. She sheaths and smooths the hair without weighing it down.
** Zoom on the "usual" surfactants of other solid shampoos:
- SCS (Sodium Coco Sulfate) is a sulfate and therefore has nothing to do in a care product "green"
- SCI (Sodium Coco Isethionate), another surfactant regularly used in solid shampoos, requires esterification based on ethylene oxide (not only eco-toxic but also classified as carcinogenic by the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH / USA) and by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC / France), and as mutagen class M1B of the CLP classification of the European Union).
- The SMLI, the "last remaining" surfactant supposedly "bio", is obtained not only by esterification and implementation of ethylene oxide, but also by methylation, that is to say attaching a methyl group to a substrate; remember that methyl is a derivative of methane, a hydrocarbon whose anthropogenic inputs (= produced by man) make it one of the first greenhouse gases, more worrying than Carbon ...
Apart from Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, there is currently no other solid surfactant eco-friendly and made from natural materials. It is an expensive surfactant, but it is the only one that allows us to guarantee the level of Ibaïna requirement.